Silviculture research or nonprofit and small business profiles. General technical reports or long-form journalism and blog posts. One of my talents as a writer is adapting my writing style to the format desired by the client or editor. I can also write on a variety of topics and optimize my writing for SEO when asked.
My education has been quite varied: Bachelor of Arts in English from St. Martins College, Bachelor of Science in Environmental Science and Resource Management (emphasis on sustainable forestry) from the University of Washington, a Master of Science (coursework included science communication and silviculture) from the University of Washington, and a Certificate in Editing also from the University of Washington.
This combination of education means that I am capable of delivering quality writing on a variety of topics that requires minimal editing. If you are interested in contracting my writing services, please email me via my LinkedIn profile.
Here at a quick glance are a selection of my writings.
- Rapid ‘Ohi’a Death Threatens Hawai’i’s Native Forests
- Cross-Laminated Timber: the Future of Building?
- Merrill Gardens: Designing Senior Communities that Forge Intergenerational Connections
- Don’t Forget to Exercise Your Most Important Organ – Your Brain!
U.S. Forest Service General Technical Report
- Using Forest Knowledge: How silviculture can benefit ecological knowledge systems about beargrass harvesting sites
- Weaving Knowledge: How traditional and scientific knowledge can contribute to management of good beargrass harvesting sites for basketry